Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kitchen Entry Redesign

Here are some more pieces I spray painted yesterday. The cabinets in my kitchen are white so I wanted to paint some wood furniture to match so I could put it in my kitchen entryway.


A friend/co-worker of mine gave me this wooden mirror last week when not even The Goodwill would take it when she tried to donate it. It was in pretty rough shape but it still had hope so I told her I'd take it. I love the small shelf under the mirror and knew I wanted to line it with pretty stuff when I had it all finished.

Here are the before and after pics...


The next piece I did was a table I was going to place right under the mirror. Once again I was a noob and forgot to take a "before" pic.
Here it is mid-project and finished...


It looks so pretty right now with only a couple pairs of my shoes on it. I promise you though that by the end of tonite it will be covered in tons of shoes. Mine, my husband's and my brother's. At least I got the before pic this time!

Here is the entire project completed. My new backdoor/kitchen entryway! Boo YAH!


Maybe I'll do more with the entryway later. I could add some framed pictures or maybe even embellish around the mirror a bit. That is for another blog entry though so until next time folks ;D

3 comments:

  1. great job! makes me happy that the mirror went to a good home...great home!
    i will keep you in mind for other furnishings needing a home, and paint!
    jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it grace!! I painted a dresser when I moved to stl but I used white paint and robins egg blue and a paint brush. I would love to make furniture look distressed sometime too but am too afraid/don't have time with school right now but let me know if u ever try that out! I also have been meaning to put to use my black spray paint and paint this set of a bunch of picture frames so my wall wont be so bare anymore! Ahhh I never have time for projects like this... Must be very satisfying when you finish ones like yours! Nice job :)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete